Long Change Process
“The journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step.” (Chinese Proverb)”
I have been healing all my life. This is what I have learned about the “Long Change” process: the journey from almost total incapacitation to vibrant health within a single lifetime.
* Invisible Progress: When your healing journey is a long one, it can seem that no matter how hard you try, no matter what you do, that nothing is happening. Yet, as long as you are actively working on improving your health, nothing could be further from the truth. Every time you go for healing you take another step forward.
* Healing Analogy: Like those who dug the tunnel for the Chunnel, the train from London to Paris, all you seem to see is endless mounds of problems. You clear one and another comes up. You do this day and night for years on end. You know you are healing but you have not broken through to the vibrant health you are seeking. Then, one day, like the Chunnel, you break through and you start feeling better. That would not have been possible unless you had faith in your progress all along.
* Always a Step Forward: Whenever you go for a healing, you always get a benefit. Even if the benefit is only that you have declared your intention to create vibrant health by taking positive steps to heal your health karma. Each healing step you take leads to the next one and the one after that. Perhaps this means you wander down some blind alleys until you find the true path to your own healing process. Yet remember: it took 10,000 tries before Edison found the one way that led to the invention of the light bulb. All you need is to find your way.
* Modalities Revisited: Just because a healing process did not work in the past does not mean it will not work in the future. Many times, a healing modality did not work because you were not ready for it when you tried it. So try new things, old things, new and old things in different combinations, etc. Listen to your heart and try, try again whatever feels right to you. Constantly picture yourself enjoying vibrant health, always take action toward that goal, and you will achieve it.
* Advice: Only Quitting is Failure. In the physical world, the only way to fail is to quit. As long as you keep on doing what you are guided/inspired to do in your healing process… you cannot fail. Just keep on taking healing actions… and you will start to feel better… a little at a time. Remember that the “Long Change” process is just that: it takes a long time but you will change in the direction of your dreams.
If you have a past life healing problem, it is likely that you have a “Black Box” problem as well. Your nearest and dearest are probably not going to understand what you are going through… nor what it takes for you to transcend your issues. This is very common and not to be feared.
* The Black Box: “Black box” is a term from engineering. It is a device, system, or object which can only be viewed from the outside in terms of its input and output without any knowledge of its internal workings (like transistors). For most, devices, like TVs and PCs, are black boxes: they use them without knowing (or caring) exactly how they work. Ironically, the ultimate “black box” is the human brain.
* Past Life Box: For those who receive past life healing, their experience can be a “Black Box” to their loved ones. When people have “normal” problems, loved ones can understand them even if they not personally experienced them. For example, if someone breaks their leg, loved ones can “wrap their head” around what this means, they can understand the treatments given, and they can track the progress of the recovery. When people have “metaphysical” problems, their loved ones often cannot comprehend the treatment process or sympathize with the recovery time.
* PL Box Reactions: Since most people have “no frame of reference” when it comes to past life healing, they tend to view it as a “Black Box” with unknown contents. The most common reaction is “fear”: fear of the unknown (about how such treatments work), fear of failure (if the treatments will work/how long they will take/how much they will cost), and fear of the unconventional (if knowledge of past lives will interfere with their religious beliefs). These reactions to the “Black Box” may often cause conflict between the one being healed and their loved ones.
* Advice: If there is one area where people seldom agree, it is on matters of belief. So, if one person wishes to open up the “Black Box” of past life healing for someone else, they should do so only as far as the other person’s religious belief system will permit. The bottom line is that a loved one should trust the person who is receiving past life healing. They should forget about those aspects of the “Black Box” that they can/will never understand and believe in God’s protection!
“One reason God created time was so there would be a place to bury the failures of the past.” (Anonymous)
When a loved one has a past life problem, this means you must make some allowances for them while they heal and put their tragic past (lives) behind them.
* Past is Present: Beliefs, habits, and mannerisms are often how unhealed issues from past lives manifest in the present… and cry out for healing.
Take the case of Germophobia: the fear of germs. Those who suffer from this fear believe their life now is at risk from germs… because “unconsciously” they carry memories of deaths in past lives caused by germs. That subconscious past life belief-fear drives habits and mannerisms that can be very unresourceful in their present life.
* Bad Habits-Mannerisms: Germophobes can spend enormous amounts of time, energy, and money on “germ-avoiding” habits.
Their relationships are effected when they refuse to touch others – handshakes, hugs, kisses, etc – because of fear of contamination.
Their work-education is effected when they spend inordinate amounts of time washing hands, brushing teeth, taking showers, changing clothes, etc in an effort to stay squeaky clean.
Their peace of mind is non-existent because of constant anxiety over the juggernaut of germs that are everywhere!
* Delicate Balance: If loved ones try to get a Germophobe to “be normal” (by their definition) that will only aggravate their situation… because it is just like ignoring their problem. Here is where “making allowances” comes in.
Expect that the Germophobe will “cleanse” more often BUT only “complain” if that interferes with their normal functioning in the relationship, in the family, among friends, or in society.
There is a delicate balance to be struck between respecting the Germophobe’s problems (which is good) and indulging it (which is bad). Respecting it means helping the Germophobe get professional help to heal the issue while indulging it means letting it get worse.
* Advice = Safe Environment: The core issue for Germophobes is SAFETY.
The first step in healing the fear of germs is to make their environment as safe and as comfortable as possible. This means making it as clean as possible: maybe that means dusting and vacuuming very often, laundering clothes frequently, having plenty of soap and cleansers on hand, cleaning up spills and dirt like a SWAT team, and so on.
The only true cure for Germophobia is for the sufferer to understand that they are safe and protected in the world, even though it contains unpleasant, harmful, and dangerous things like germs.
“It is a misnomer to call medicine ‘the healing art.’ The healing art is the secret wisdom of the body. Medicine can do no more than facilitate it. That is all healers can do, too.” (Andrew Weil)
Here is how “physical” healing and “metaphysical” healing differ.
* Finite vs Infinite: The main difference is that “physical” and “metaphysical” healing is the predictability of the time required for healing. For example, compare the healing of a broken leg to the healing of the fear of getting a broken leg. Healing a broken leg is finite and so predictable. Healing fears is infinite and not predictable.
* Finite and Predictable: X-rays reveal where and how the leg was broken. Based on them, on the age and body type of the individual, and on the medical experience with others having broken legs, a doctor can predict with a high degree of certainty how long the leg will take to heal. That is how physical healing works.
* Infinite and Unpredictable: In contrast, the fear of getting a broken leg is an infinite matter, is specific to an individual’s past life experience, and therefore is highly unpredictable. This fear could come from one past life (and so is easily healed) or from many (and is not so easily healed). An additional complication of metaphysical healing is that once a layer of past life issues is healed… new karmic layers can surface. This is how metaphysical healing works.
* Gradual versus Instant: Physical healing is a gradual process: each day the broken part gets better and it progresses towards becoming whole again. Metaphysical healing is an instant process: once the individual connects with their past life experience and “gets” the lesson and absorbs the learning, wholeness is restored in that “ah-ha!” moment as the underlying karma is healed.
* Tree Analogy: Metaphysical healing does have one important advantage over physical healing. When past life issue is “healed enough”, it is like chopping off a major tree branch. Each mini-branch and each leaf of that past life tree do not have to be explored and they fall away when the main branch has been healed. This would be the equivalent in physical recovery of a bone which had been 80% healed and then becomes 100% healed instantly (truly a miracle healing!).
* Deep Bucket: Metaphysical healing does have one major disadvantage over physical healing. When the past life issues are intense, it can take many years in a physical body to heal 1,000s years of problems created in past lives.
* Advice: It can seem like the metaphysical healing will never end… but it does… and it leaves the individual so much better compared to when they started. All it takes is to be patient with this process and keep on going until the past is healed.